Agriculture Production: Swine Production
The Swine Production certificate develops skills in swine management from breeding through marketing. Students will discuss health, nutrition, bio-security, animal care, pork quality assurance, environmental control and reproductive management. Hands-on experiences with industry partners is a key component to this program.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AGS:507||Swine Farrowing and Nursery Management||3.0|
Related Student Organizations
- Post Secondary Agriculture Students
- Dairy Science Club
- Beef Science Club
- AgriScience Club
Christopher Carlson, Ed.D.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2168
- Location: Peosta
Agriculture Science Instructor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338
- Location: Dairy Center