Applied Agriculture Studies
The Applied Agriculture Studies diploma program is designed for students interested in an entry-level agriculture career. Courses in this program emphasize hands-on learning. The education plan is outlined so students can complete the program in one year, although most students pursue a less aggressive schedule taking two to three years to complete the program.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Custom Applicator
- Farm Hand
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AGA:114||Principles of Agronomy¹||3.0|
|AGS:101||Working with Animals||2.0|
|AGS:114||Survey of the Animal Industry²||2.0|
Applied Animal Disease Prevention and Treatment OR
Intro to Geographical Information Systems
|AGS:344||Agricultural Equipment, Selection, Operation and Maintenance||1.0|
|AGB:330||Farm Business Management3||3.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
Pesticide Application Certification OR
Applied Ration Balancing and Feeding
|AGB:235||Intro to Agriculture Markets||3.0|
|AGB:333||Applied Farm Financial Management||2.0|
|AGC:802||Agriculture Production Internship I||2.0|
|PSY:112||Psychology of Human Relations||3.0|
|AGC:812||Agriculture Internship II||2.0|
Articulation can be achieved by successfully passing an NICC Agriculture Department proficiency exam and taking the following at your high school:
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta
Agriculture Management Instructor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866.474.4692, ext. 105
- Location: Calmar