Applied Agriculture Studies
The Applied Agriculture Studies diploma program is designed for students interested in an entry-level agriculture career. Courses in this program emphasize hands-on learning. The education plan is outlined so students can complete the program in one year, although most students pursue a less aggressive schedule taking two to three years to complete the program.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Custom Applicator
- Farm Hand
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AGA:114||Principles of Agronomy¹||3.0|
|AGS:101||Working with Animals||2.0|
|AGS:114||Survey of the Animal Industry²||2.0|
Applied Animal Disease Prevention and Treatment OR
Intro to Geographical Information Systems
|AGS:344||Agricultural Equipment, Selection, Operation and Maintenance||1.0|
|AGB:330||Farm Business Management3||3.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
Pesticide Application Certification OR
Applied Ration Balancing and Feeding
|AGB:235||Intro to Agriculture Markets||3.0|
|AGB:333||Applied Farm Financial Management||2.0|
|AGC:802||Agriculture Production Internship I||2.0|
|PSY:112||Psychology of Human Relations||3.0|
|AGC:812||Agriculture Internship II||2.0|
Articulation can be achieved by successfully passing an NICC Agriculture Department proficiency exam and taking the following at your high school:
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta
Agriculture Management Instructor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 866.474.4692, ext. 105
- Location: Calmar
*Approximate cost. Amount reflects the estimated tuition and student fees based on rates at the time of publication. These rates do not include additional expenses (books, tools, supplies, living expenses, licensures, remedial or pre-requisite coursework or partnership tuition and fees, etc.) related to your NICC education. Rates are subject to change.