The Building Trades program provides students with entry level skills to enter the workforce and is ideal for both new students or someone in the field. Students will be involved in remodel, renovation, and new construction on job sites and lab settings. Students will be tested on basic competencies in the construction field and upon completion will have a solid understanding of the construction field and skills required. While in the program, students will gain an understanding of how to use basic trade tools in a safe and efficient manner.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Bench Carpenter
- Construction Carpenter
- Construction Inspector
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
- View the Program Admission Checklist.
Prior to beginning the program, students are required to meet one of the following:
- Complete the Basic Constructions Skills course through NICC’s Business and Community Solutions
- Have recently completed (within a year) the Basic Construction Skills through High School or another means.
- The student is currently working for a construction company and meets the requirements per the Dean or Instructor.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2238
- Location: Peosta