The Business Specialist program provides the basic knowledge and skills in preparation for business positions of a general nature. Student in the program develop strong critical thinking, problem solving, oral and written communication skills. Areas of emphasis include accounting, marketing, management, economics and business law. After completion, graduates are prepared to seek employment in entry-level management and supervisory positions.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Department Manager
- Inventory Specialist
- MRP Controller
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
BPA (Business Professionals of America)
Business Professionals of America is a student organization that prepares students for the business workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
Calmar NICC BPA Advisors:
Peosta/Dubuque NICC BPA Advisors:
The Business Specialist degree currently has transfer agreements in place with the institution(s) listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1277
- Location: Calmar
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1471
- Location: Calmar