Computer Aided Design (CAD) Specialist
The CAD Specialist certificate offers students an opportunity to acquire proficiency in computer-aided design. It can serve as an introduction to general CAD skills as a springboard to further study, as a short program for the development of specific skills to obtain immediate employment or as a bridge to upgrade existing skills with the latest in CAD technology. This certificate presents students with hands-on activities in two- and three-dimensional computer generation, presentation quality drawings, blueprint fundamentals, solid modeling and computer animation and simulation techniques. Students will work with computer programs that will allow you to construct commercial-grade graphics, animation and special effects.
Estimated annual salary range for Construction Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Assistant Project Manager
- CAD Designer
- CAD Technician
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|CAD:104||Computer Aided Drafting OR||3.0|
|CAD:172||Intro to CAD: AutoCAD||2.0|
|SDV:200||Intro to Computers or equivalent||1.5|
|CAD:165||Rendering and Animation||3.0|
|CAD:175||Advanced CAD: AutoCAD||2.0|
|CON:113||Construction Print Reading OR||2.0|
|WEL:110||Welding Blueprint Reading||2.0|
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta