Computer Analyst: Data Center Technician
The Data Center Technician certificate provides the training needed for future employment with data centers. The coursework meshes the skills of programming, networking, servers, storage and virtualization to create a complete picture of modern virtualized data center infrastructure. Information security is integrated and emphasized throughout the curriculum. Remote monitoring and management of devices is also implemented for performance graphing and alarming.
Estimated annual salary range for Information Technology graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
In addition to the College admission requirements, program applicants must have successfully completed 12 credits of the following courses or equivalent transfer credits:
- CIS:125 or CIS:197 or CIS:122; and
- CIS:142 or CIS:161; and
- NET:266 or NET:725; and
- NET:267 or NET:684
|NET:282||Storage Area Networking (SAN)||2.0|
|NET:318||Windows Server and Workstation||3.0|
NOTE: To graduate from this program, students must complete all required coursework with a "C-" grade or above and earn a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
Computer Technology, Networking, and Programming graduates can obtain this certificate by taking two additional courses: NET:282 and NET:285.
Computer Science Instructor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367
- Location: Peosta
Computer Technology Faculty
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.2256, ext. 403
- Location: Calmar
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.7367, ext. 168
- Location: Peosta