New Hampton Outreach
Northeast Iowa Community College, in collaboration with area education, economic development and business partners, is establishing services for the city of New Hampton and Chickasaw county community members.
An Education Advisory Board has been established to identify current and future workforce and community education needs. The goals of the Board include:
- Increase the number of high school students who attend concurrent enrollment courses, especially in the Associate of Arts program and career/technical fields of advanced manufacturing and healthcare.
- Become a Skilled Iowa Community.
- Re-establish English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes in New Hampton.
- Enhance adult training program opportunities.
|Mary Ayers||New Hampton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center|
|Diane Diiro||Community Career Specialist, NICC|
|Steve Geerts||Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors|
|Gena Gesing||Associate Director of Career and Intermediary Programs, NICC|
|Katie Gilbert||Director of High School Partnerships, NICC|
|Megan Gleason||Associate Director, New Hampton Economic Development|
|Jay Jurrens||Superintendent, New Hampton Community Schools|
|Michelle Kipp||Guidance Counselor, New Hampton High School|
|Carol Knoll||Principal, Turkey Valley Community School|
|Bob Martin||Mayor, City of New Hampton|
|Wendy Mihm-Herold||Vice President Business and Community Solutions, NICC|
|Kathy Nacos-Burds||Vice President Academic Affairs, NICC|
|Tammy Robinson||Executive Director, New Hampton Economic Development|
|Cory Schumann||Principal, Riceville Community School|
|Jason Speltz||Executive Director, New Horizons Chamber|
|Sarah Updegraff||Principal, New Hampton High School|
|Teresa Weber||ATEK Precision Castings|
NICC offers education options to meet your needs. Whether you are looking to earn your degree, advance your career through continuing education or take a class to transfer to a four-year college, we are here at a time and place that is convenient for you.
Services Offered in New Hampton
- Credit and non-credit programs for high school and adult learners.
- Workforce training and education to the community.
- Career placement options for High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), certificate and non-traditional students.
- Academic advising, class selection, ACCUPLACER® Testing testing and registration.
- Community liaison with instructors, principals, counselors, high school staff and others.