Located in downtown Dubuque at the base of the Town Clock, the Dubuque Center is a comfortable, accessible and friendly place to find the educational support. Whether you want to start college, finish a high school equivalency degree (HSED) or train for a career change, the Dubuque Center will help you explore the options and reach your goals. Classes and adult education/literacy services are offered year-round with daytime and evening options.
View spring 2015 courses at the Dubuque Center.
The Dubuque Center features five smart classrooms, a video conference classroom, a teaching computer lab and four traditional classrooms. The facility also houses a learning center with 22 computers for student use and a certified testing center that provides academic and professional assessments.
Services at the Dubuque Center include:
- An on-staff enrollment specialist to assist with admission, financial aid, advising and registration
- On-site career coaches to assist with career planning, college readiness issues and wrap-around support
- Personal counseling services
- Support for students with disabilities
- Approximately 50-60 college class sections offered per semester
- High school equivalency diploma (HSED) preparation and testing
- Re-engage Dubuque, a partnership with Dubuque Community Schools to return high school drop-outs to education
- High school correspondence courses
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- Tutoring for math, writing and computer skills
- Dyslexia tutoring in partnership with Unified Therapy of Dubuque for children, teens and adults
- Brush-up classes to refresh academic skills in math, reading and writing