Evolved, Not Traumatized
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Online via Zoom
- Event Contact
- Business and Community Solutions
844.642.2338, ext. 1399
Evolved, Not Traumatized - What the Pandemic Has Taught Us About Well-Being, Resilience, and Post-Traumatic Growth
Keynote: Cy Wakeman
Global thought-leader and best-selling author, Cy Wakeman, leads this engaging session to restore and refocus you in ways that will impact healthcare, and your professional career, far into the future. Cy’s presentation will:
- Provide strategies to restore and revitalize you from the exhausting demands of 2020-2021
- Teach you how to use the experience of the pandemic to build sustainable resiliency going forward
- Highlight the possibilities of post-traumatic growth as a transformational response
- Provide suggestions for ways to ensure the incredible lessons from the pandemic are used to evolve the people, the profession and the healthcare system
This course meets the continuing education renewal requirements for Iowa Social Workers.
Meet the Presenter: Cy Wakeman
Cy Wakeman is a drama researcher, global thought-leader and New York Times best-selling author who is recognized for cultivating a counter-intuitive, reality-based approach to leadership. Backed by more than 25 years of unparalleled experience, Cy’s philosophy offers a new lens through which employees and executives alike can shift their attention inward, sharpen their focus on personal accountability and uncover their natural state of innovation simply by ditching the drama. Deemed “the secret weapon to restoring sanity to the workplace,” she has helped countless companies learn to navigate our rapidly changing world using good mental processes to harness energy wasted in workplace drama and reinvest that effort into achieving profound business results.
This opportunity is funded through a partnership with County Social Services CARES funding to provide training for essential workers in the Northeast Iowa Region.