Mental Health First Aid with Lisa Schaefer
- Saturday, May 8, 2021
- 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Event Contact
- Business and Community Solutions
844.642.2338, ext. 1399
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders.
Expert instructor, Lisa Schaefer, leads this engaging session. You will complete a 2-hour, self-paced online work prior to the session, and then participate in a 4-hour, Instructor-led video conference.
Topics included in the session:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- NEW: Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care
This opportunity is funded through a partnership with County Social Services CARES funding to provide training for essential workers in the Northeast Iowa Region.