The Opioid Epidemic and the Covid Pandemic
- Monday, May 10, 2021
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Online via Zoom
- Event Contact
- Business and Community Solutions
844.642.2338, ext. 1399
The COVID-19 Pandemic has exacerbated not just opioid addiction but all substance use disorders in a climate of decreased access to addiction services combined with increased social isolation, anxiety, and depression caused by lockdown living circumstances.
Instructor Kimberley Gau, leads this 2-hour program to raise awareness regarding the magnitude of the problem and the strategies being deployed pre and post-pandemic to save lives and treat addiction. You will learn about:
- Natural and synthetic opiate/opioid drugs
- Physiologic mechanisms that contribute to opioid addiction
- Evidenced-based treatment for positive patient outcomes
- 2.0 nursing contact hours will be provided by Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #7
- 2.4 CEHs/CEUs given for other healthcare disciplines
This opportunity is funded through a partnership with County Social Services CARES funding to provide training for essential workers in the Northeast Iowa Region.