Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Online via Zoom
- Event Contact
- Business and Community Solutions
844.642.2338, ext. 1399
Instructor Lisa Schaefer will lead you through discussions and group exercises, help you learn to recognize the value of a conflict, identify its various sources, and express, appreciate, and manage resistance.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Identifying the conflict resolution styles that exist (competitor, collaborator, avoider, compromiser).
- Discuss benefits and when to use a particular style in the workplace.
- Practice techniques to de-escalate and avoid a power struggle with a difficult customer.
- Assess the benefits and challenges to win-win, win-lose, lose-lose negotiations.
Certificates will be emailed to participants after class.
This opportunity is funded through a partnership with County Social Services CARES funding to provide training for essential workers in the Northeast Iowa Region.