The Mind Field with Ramona Wink
Understanding the mind and promoting brain health can sometimes be as mysterious as knowing if the rain is going to fall to water the seeds that have been planted in the ground. Although neither field is an exact science, brain health and farming are two areas in which Ramona Wink is well versed. She is a licensed mental health therapist, motivational public speaker, and was raised on a family farm in southeast Iowa. Ramona recognizes that farmers are suffering today with mental health issues; many of them suffering in silence.
During this 90-minute presentation, you will be able to:
- Speak in an informed manner about brain health in the farming and ag-related community
- Recognize the warning signs of anxiety and stress
- Understand symptoms of depression
- Identify “red flags” that point to suicidal ideation
- Master the art of asking probing questions to gain a greater understanding of the brain health of the person you’re interacting with
- Demonstrate the “Do’s and Don’ts” of communication when someone opens up about their brain health
- Disseminate crisis resources
This course meets the continuing education renewal requirements for Iowa Social Workers.
This opportunity is funded through a partnership with County Social Services CARES funding to provide training for essential workers in the Northeast Iowa Region.