CARES Act Student Emergency Grant
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act is providing emergency grant relief to college students whose lives have been disrupted and are experiencing financial challenges related to COVID-19. NICC will be awarding eligible students emergency grant funds to assist in covering eligible expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Eligible expenses include food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child care.
- Funds are limited.
- Requests must be related to expenses resulting from COVID-19.
- High school students are not eligible.
- These funds do not need to be repaid.
- The funds are not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses.
- Spring 2020 students must have been enrolled in coursework on March 13, 2020 or after. Spring request deadline is May 31, 2020.
- Summer 2020 students may submit a request now. Grant funds will be disbursed to students once attendance in classes has been confirmed. Summer request deadline is August 13, 2020.
Grant funds are limited, so students experiencing financial hardships related to COVID-19 are encouraged to submit the application early. All grant requests will be reviewed for approval. The emergency grant will be disbursed to students through your NICC BankMobile refund selection. If you do not have your BankMobile account created, please complete the set-up steps now.
In accordance with Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), additional details regarding the awarding and disbursement of funds at Northeast Iowa Community College are provided on the Student and Consumer Information page.
College and Community Resources
If you are in need of additional support through the COVID-19 pandemic, please seek assistance from the following college and community resources: