Apply for Graduation
Students who plan to receive a degree, diploma or certificate must file a graduation application form with the Registrar by the posted deadline of the term in which they plan to complete their program. This application must be completed in order for you to receive your award.
Click on the appropriate link below to complete the graduation application form:
Final grade checks will be made, and awards will be sent to all successful graduates to the address listed on the graduation application within 4-6 weeks after the end of the semester. If graduation requirements are not met, the student will be required to reapply for graduation.
Students are eligible to graduate when they have fulfilled these requirements:
- Completed all of the program requirements.
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better within that major or program.
- Completed all required courses with a passing grade; certain programs require a minimum grade of C- in some or all courses.
- Paid all fees and other financial obligations to NICC.
- Returned all library materials.
- Filed a graduation application form by the posted deadline.
Commencement ceremonies are held in May each year. Students eligible for participation in commencement are those within eight credit hours of earning their degree or who are registered in their last term of a program sequence. Students who are more than eight credit hours away from completion of their program or who are not in the last term of a program sequence must petition the Registrar's Office for permission to participate in commencement. Students who wish to have their names listed in the commencement program must submit their graduation application by the posted deadline.
Calmar Campus 2016 Commencement Ceremony
7 p.m. Thursday, May 12, at the Luther College Regents Center
Peosta Campus 2016 Commencement Cereomny
7 p.m. Friday, May 13, at Five Flags Center in Dubuque