How to Access Library Databases
To access the library resources on or off campus, you must use your 14-digit library ID number located on the back of your student ID card. If you do not have an ID card, follow these steps:
- Locate your student number on your class schedule upper left hand corner.
- Choose which is your home campus:
Calmar Students: 23263
Peosta Students: 25110
- Combine campus number first then your student number. If this formula does not make 14 digits, then add zero's after the campus number. Example: 25110+0123456 then add two zeros after the campus number: 25110000123456. Learn more about borrower ID information.
- American Chemical Society
Please visit your campus library to register for a login to use this database.
- American History
Provides a collection of online video for American history.
- America's Historical Newspapers (1690 - 2000)s
News article topics in government, politics, social issues, culture, literature discoveries, inventions and more from hundreds of primary sources.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
Provides up to date news concerning higher education.
Ready-references on history, computer & medical dictionaries, etc.
Database with thousands of books in a digital format.
Periodical articles on a wide range of topics and age levels.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica
General knowledge English-language encyclopaedia.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance
Career research database.
- First Research (Peosta Campus Only)
Access to profiles of more than 900 industry segments.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Grey House Online Database
Topics include disabilities, history ("This is Who We Were"), women's studies and the value of a dollar.
- HON (Health on the Net)
Promotes and guides the deployment of useful and reliable health information.
- Hoover’s Online (Peosta Campus Only)
Access to comprehensive profiles for small, medium and large public and private companies.
- Horn Book Guide
Searchable by author, illustrator, title, subject and bibliographic data.
- Image Quest
Images from the best collections in the world.
Clips of academic videos on demand.
- Issues & Controversies
Researchers understand today's crucial issues by exploring hundreds of hot topics.
- Journal of the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
Journal providing current research on the first college year and student transitions.
- Learning Express
Interactive learning platform featuring more than 770 practice tests, tutorials and eBooks.
- MitchellOnDemand (Peosta campus only)
Access to repair information for vehicles. Use Internet Explorer for access if page does not load please click icon located in the Navigation Tool Bar.
- Opposing Viewpoints
Various resources dealing with social issues.
- Oxford English Dictionary
Guide to the meaning, history and pronunciation of more than half a million words.
- Oxford Reference Online
100 dictionary, language reference and subject reference works.
- PBS Video Collection
Provides access to the films and series, including Frontline, NOVA, American Experience, Odyssey and films by Ken Burns and Michael Wood.
MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics.
- SAGE Journals
Online social science journals. View available Sage journals.
- Salem Press
Collection of Salem Press titles in the subject areas of history, science, health and careers.
- Science Online
Comprehensive overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines in a variety of useful formats.
- Scifinder (On campus only)
Provides access to chemistry and related sciences. Please visit your campus library to register for a loginto use this database.
- Sirs Government Reporter, Renaissance & Researcher
General reference database that contains thousands of full-text articles.
- Today's Science
In-depth explanations of important advances in biology, chemistry, environmental science, space, physics and technology.
- West Law Pro Campus (Peosta Campus Only)
Investigate legal cases.
- World News Digest
Covers all major political, social, and economic news since November 1940.
- World Religions Online
Comprehensive guide to the world's major religions and spiritual traditions.
- Academic Support Services
- Campus Life
- Student Life, Diversity and Leadership
- Student Services
Calmar Campus Library
800.728.2256, ext. 395
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Peosta Campus Library
Main Building 200
800.728.7367, ext. 224
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m
Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hours Subject to Change