|Material Type||Faculty/Staff Loan Period||Student Loan Period||Community Loan Period||Renew|
|Calmar Books and Audiobooks||3 months||2 weeks||2 weeks||Yes|
|Calmar DVD Movies||3 months||1 week||1 week||Yes|
|Peosta Books and Audiobooks||3 months||3 weeks||2 weeks||Yes|
|Peosta DVD Movies||2 weeks||Overnight||None||Yes|
|Magazines||1 week||1 week||1 week||Yes|
|Reserve Materials||In-library use only||In-library use only||In-library use only||No|
|Overnight Reserve Materials; Additional Media and Equipment||Policies vary by campus||Policies vary by campus||Policies vary by campus||Special permission|
Policies for Distance Education and/or Online Students
The Northeast Iowa Community College campus libraries will mail books to students who live 50 miles from a campus or NICC center and are currently enrolled in an NICC distance education program. A maximum of five books, per mailing, will be delivered to the student's home address. Books will circulate for two months and cannot be renewed. These items will be sent by mail to the student at the College’s cost and are to be returned by mail at the student’s cost. Books must be returned by mail directly to the lending library and postmarked on or before the due date.
Please also keep in mind that a local public library may be the fastest way to receive your books. Many libraries participate in consortia and have access to the collections of other public and college libraries in your state.
Many fulltext articles are available through the NICC library databases such as EBSCOhost, SIRS Knowledge Source and Opposing Viewpoints. When an article is not offered in full text, then fill out the interlibrary loan request form.
To request a book from the Calmar or Peosta Campus Library
- Search the combined catalog found under the tab “Books Plus” on the library homepage.
- Find the item you want and select "Request Item." Follow the prompts. Your library ID is the 14 digit number on the back of your NICC student ID.
- If you meet the distance qualifications choose “Distance Learning” as your location. In the comments box, please type your mailing address, email address and phone number and submit the form.
Note: If the table of contents is not available through the catalog, then type “Table of Contents” in the comments box with your other location information. The library will email the table of contents to you. This may help you decide if you need the book.
Items not available for loan by mail include
- Reserve and Reference items
- Video cassettes or DVDs
- Any item deemed too fragile by the library staff
- Any book items not currently in the library’s collection (interlibrary loans for books cannot be obtained at a distance and must be placed through the students’ local public library, if available).
Community and NICC Peosta Computer Usage
- Children, in preschool through middle school, will be limited to 60 minutes on a community computer each day.
- Community members may use NICC student computers when classes are not in session, but NICC students will have priority at all times.
- Community members have priority on the designated community computers. Community members must sign in at the circulation desk for computer usage.
- Academic Support Services
- Campus Life
- Student Life, Diversity and Leadership
- Student Services
Calmar Campus Library
800.728.2256, ext. 395
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Peosta Campus Library
Main Building 200
800.728.7367, ext. 224
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m
Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hours Subject to Change