E-books are digital books that are available to be read on a variety of electronic devices. Specific databases that contain e-books include eBrary and EBSCOhost. For more information, view the eBrary Online Tutorial or the EBSCOhost Online Tutorial.
Information about downloading and reading books on other devices can be found online or in the documentation received with the particular device.
Research Paper Aids
- LibGuides: Research assistance, subject guides and useful resources compiled by librarians. Know what they know; find it in LibGuides!
- Search Engine Showdown: A guide to search engines search methods and an evaluation and comparison of each.
- Noodletools: This database helps students write citations in MLA or APA format as well as complete bibliographies for research papers. If you are off campus and using this for the first time, you will need the library’s ID and password.
- Alexa: Provides detailed information about websites including who is sponsoring it
- Finding Information on the Internet: An online tutorial with searching tips for popular search engines
- Learn the Net: Learn Internet and email basics, how to identify the best ways to search for a particular topic and other helpful hints on Internet searching
- Recommended Search Engines: Search tips for popular search engines
- Academic Support Services
- Campus Life
- Student Life, Diversity and Leadership
- Student Services
Calmar Campus Library
800.728.2256, ext. 395
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Peosta Campus Library
Main Building 200
800.728.7367, ext. 224
Hours: M-Th, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m
Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat., 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Hours Subject to Change