Established in 2001, Northeast Iowa Community College's TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) is a federally funded program that provides ongoing support for 160 students on the Peosta campus who meet the criteria outlined and plan to graduate from NICC and transfer to a four-year college or university.
TRIO-SSS promotes student development by providing opportunities to grow personally, socially and academically.
Participants are eligible to utilize and enjoy the following program benefits at no cost:
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Assistance (to four-year college or university)
- Individual Tutoring
- FAFSA Completion
- Career Counseling
- Personal Success Seminars
- Informational Workshops
- TRIO-SSS Supplemental Aid (competitive application)
- Cultural Events
- Leadership Activities
How Can I Qualify?
Students planning to graduate from NICC and transfer to a four-year college or university and meet one or more of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- First generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college)
- Students eligible for the Pell grant
- Students with disabilities