Use the checklist below as a guide when transferring from Northeast Iowa Community College to another college or university. Early and careful planning will help make the transition smooth and successful.
- Contact a transfer or admissions representative to schedule an appointment to visit the institution, find out about transfer requirements and discuss the transfer process.
- Research articulations/equivalency guides for your major. Review NICC Transfer Information and utilize www.TransferInIowa.org for information about transferring to the University of Iowa, the University of Northern Iowa and Iowa State University.
- Determine the deadlines for admission, housing and financial aid. Also, determine if there is a specific grade point that you need to achieve to transfer into your major. Foreign language requirements may also need to be discussed.
- Determine if there are any specialized tests that you will be required to take as part of your major (Example: Praxis/CAAP for education majors).
- Complete the application for admission and send in the application fee by the deadline.
- Send high school, NICC transcripts and ACT/SAT scores to your desired college or university's admissions office .
- Submit the FAFSA with the transfer college/university code number.
- Attend orientation and registration programming.
View the complete transfer checklist and planning timeline.