Dubuque Learning Center
No matter where you are in your education and training, the Learning Center located at the Dubuque Center offers individualized support to help you meet your goals. Teachers, tutors, success coaches and other staff are all available to help you identify your goals, develop your skills, overcome obstacles and guide you towards a meaningful career or further education.
The Learning Center offers:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Individualized support from success coaches
- Flexible, year-round hours, including evenings
- A comfortable environment in which to study between classes
- Access to 22 computers, a printer and quiet study rooms for student use
- Access to the Telegraph Herald, the local daily newspaper, and a variety of magazines
- Web-based programs such as Career Ready 101 to prepare for the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) and ALEKS to develop math skills
- Preparation for the ACCUPLACER® placement exam
- Weekly study skills classes
- Résumé and career readiness preparation – individual and group settings
- Referral to Adult Education and Literacy services
- Referral to Re-engage Dubuque, a partnership with the Dubuque Community Schools to recover out-of-school youth and help them graduate from high school or complete the high school equivalency diploma (HSED).
Adult Education and Literacy services include:
- High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) Preparation: Instruction is offered in a year-round, structured classroom setting to prepare students to successfully complete the five subject tests of the HiSET (formerly GED) for a high school equivalency diploma. Individualized study may be arranged.
- Skills Refresher: Academic skill development and support for those needing to update or refresh their knowledge prior to or during college or to qualify for employment
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): A comprehensive English language instruction curriculum for new- or non-English speaking students that includes a technology component when needed
- Dyslexia Tutoring: Individualized, private tutoring for children and adults based on the highly-regarded Orton-Gillingham method
- High School Correspondence Classes: Supervision of more than 60 semester-long high school classes for transfer to the student’s home high school
- Adult Basic Education: Academic instruction for students prior to entering the HSED program
- Academic Support Services
- Campus Life
- Student Life, Diversity and Leadership
- Student Services
Dubuque Learning Center
700 Main St., Dubuque
563.557.8271, ext. 132
Hours: M-Th, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
F, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
(Closed 3-5 p.m. on second and last Wednesday of each month)