At Northeast Iowa Community College, selecting and ordering textbooks is managed 100% online at the NICC Online Bookstore. Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook ordering process for students and professors while providing them with a variety of physical and digital textbook formats.
The Online Bookstore offers:
- Quick ordering process - complete your entire order in 5 minutes
- New, used, eBook, and rental textbook formats
- An average savings of 60% off list price on Marketplace items
- Price match guarantee on new books
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49 (not including Marketplace)
- Year-round access to post and sell any textbook on the website's Marketplace - you name the price
All courses, required materials, and pricing options are displayed in a personalized, easy-to-use page when you log in with your student account. Order early to take advantage of the great savings opportunities and free delivery options.
Note: The Online Bookstore will be available for textbook purchases by December 1, 2020.
|Semester||Textbooks Available for Purchase|
|Winterim 2020||December 1, 2020|
|Spring 2021||December 1, 2020|
|Summer 2021||April 7, 2021|
Health and Safety at Campus Bookstores
Access to the bookstore will be limited and it is imperative that you follow the procedures in place to ensure your health and the health of the bookstore staff. Face coverings on campus are required by all staff, students, and visitors. Please follow posted social distancing guidelines. The number of persons in the bookstore at one time will be limited. The Peosta campus is under renovation; please watch for directional signage.
- If you are ill or have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, do not come to any NICC location including the bookstore. See the COVID-19 page for additional important information.
- Be attentive to the postings identifying 6 feet distancing and the traffic flow patterns in an effort to maintain social distancing.
- Follow CDC guidance to protect yourself including washing your hands often and utilizing hand sanitizer (available outside of the bookstore).
- NICC staff will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces between customers. A secondary level of cleaning and disinfecting will be completed at the end of each day according to the CDC's guidance for community facilities.