At Northeast Iowa Community College, selecting and ordering textbooks is done entirely online at the NICC Online Bookstore. Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook ordering process for students and professors while providing them with a variety of physical and digital textbook formats.
Textbooks are no longer available in on-campus bookstores, but campus stores are still open with a variety of course supplies, clothing and additional products.
The Online Bookstore offers:
- Quick ordering process - complete your entire order in 5 minutes
- New, used, eBook, and rental textbook formats
- An average savings of 60% off list price on Marketplace items
- Price match guarantee on new books
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49 (not including Marketplace)
- Year-round access to post and sell any textbook on the website's Marketplace - you name the price
All courses, required materials, and pricing options are displayed in a personalized, easy-to-use page when you log in with your student account. Order early to take advantage of the great savings opportunities and free delivery options. Dell laptops are also available for purchase via the Online Bookstore.
Need assistance? Contact the Online Bookstore Customer Service team or use the guides and links below.
- Ordering Guide (PDF): How to place an order.
- Track: Check on the delivery status of your order.
- Returns: Need to return a book? Begin the return process here.
- Rental Return Guide (PDF): Get shipping labels for rental returns.
- Sell: Learn how to post your textbooks for sale on the Marketplace.
- FAQ Guide (PDF): Other questions? Visit the FAQ page or check out the Help Videos.
- eLibrary Guide (PDF): Received an instant access code? Check out your elibrary.
Textbooks are available only through the NICC Online Bookstore. No textbooks are available in campus stores.
Download the Fall 2021 Booklist (PDF).
|Semester||Textbooks Available for Purchase|
|Summer 2021||April 7, 2021|
|Fall 2021||July 12, 2021|
|Winterim 2021||December 6, 2021|
|Spring 2022||December 6, 2021|
Financial Assistance with Textbooks and Supplies
If you are in need of financial assistance to purchase textbooks or supplies, we encourage you to submit a Student Emergency Grant.
Health and Safety at Campus Bookstores
Access to campus bookstores will be limited and it is imperative that you follow the procedures in place to ensure your health and the health of the bookstore staff. Face coverings on campus are required by all staff, students, and visitors. Please follow posted social distancing guidelines. The number of persons in the campus bookstores at one time will be limited. The Peosta campus is under renovation; please watch for directional signage.
- If you are ill or have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, do not come to any NICC location including the bookstore. See the COVID-19 page for additional important information.
- Be attentive to the postings identifying 6 feet distancing and the traffic flow patterns in an effort to maintain social distancing.
- Follow CDC guidance to protect yourself including washing your hands often and utilizing hand sanitizer (available outside of the bookstore).
- NICC staff will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces between customers. A secondary level of cleaning and disinfecting will be completed at the end of each day according to the CDC's guidance for community facilities.