Apply for Graduation
Students who plan to receive a degree, diploma or certificate from the College must submit the graduation application to the Registrar by the posted deadline of the term in which they plan to complete their program. This application must be completed in order for you to receive your award.
The first step in the application process is to complete the Graduation Exit Survey. Once you complete the exit survey, you will be directed to the Graduation Application.
Awards will be mailed to the address listed on the graduation application after final grade check is completed, 4-6 weeks following the end of the semester.
Note: If you have already completed the exit survey portion of the process, continue to the graduation application and enter your survey id number.
Students are eligible to graduate when they have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of all program requirements.
- Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better within program of study.
- Completion all required courses with a passing grade; certain programs require a minimum grade of C- in some or all courses.
- Paid all fees and other financial obligations to the College.
- Returned all library materials.
- Submission of online exit survey and graduation application by the posted deadline.
If graduation requirements are not met, the student will be required to reapply for graduation.
Commencement ceremonies are held in May of each year. Students eligible for participation in commencement are those within eight credit hours of earning their degree or who are registered in their last term of a program sequence. Students who are more than eight credit hours away from completion of their program or who are not in the last term of a program sequence must petition the Registrar's Office for permission to participate in commencement. Students who wish to have their names listed in the commencement program must submit their graduation application by the posted deadline.
Thursday, May 13
Friday, May 14
Five Flags Center, Dubuque