Explore (Future Students)
Let's Begin on Your Career Plans!
1.) Start Here:
- Watch the Career Exploration 101 Video.
- Take Career Assessments with FOCUS 2 Career.
- Explore NICC Programs and Candid Career Videos.
- What do you want to do for a living? MyNextMove.
2.) Let's Meet Up:
- Schedule a career counseling appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also visit campus in many different ways.
3.) Consider Enrolling in a "Find My Path" Semester:
With the help of expert career and advising staff, we can help you start with some general classes that will transfer into many programs at NICC such as: The College Experience, Public Speaking, Psychology, Math.
Then you can also take "two additional" career development classes to help you get started on your path: WBL 100 - Exploring Careers and WBL 150 - Job Shadowing.
4.) Set up an Informational Interview or Job Shadow:
- How To Do an Informational Interview
- Ultimate Guide to an Informational Interview
- Job Shadowing Questions to Ask
- After your first semester, Career Services staff and Academic Advisors will guide you on your next semester plans to help choose your program.