Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) is a great place to start your four-year degree. Our associate of arts (A.A.) and associate of science (A.S.) programs easily transfer as the first two-years of your bachelor degree to Iowa’s public and private universities as well as many other four-year colleges.
Tuition Savings Calculator
See how much you can save on tuition by beginning your education at NICC. Select the four-year college or university you are interested in to get an estimate of the tuition savings by completing your first two years here.
Savings calculated based on prior year in-state tuition rates. Estimates do not include fees, room, board, textbooks or other related expenses.
Partnerships with Clarke University, Emmaus Bible College, Loras College, Upper Iowa University, Kirkwood Community College and Hawkeye Community College allow students to be dually enrolled at both institutions. For more information on this please contact the Admissions Office.
The College offers multiple transfer programs that align with your career goals, transfer major and interests. Our advisors work closely with you to ensure the transfer process is smooth and you meet all requirements. View transfer programs.
Transferring Credit to NICC
There are many ways to transfer college level academic credit(s) and/or earn NICC college credit(s) based on skills students gained outside the classroom. Northeast Iowa Community College awards academic credit for college-level knowledge and skills gained outside of the classroom including employment, military training/service, travel and hobbies. Learn more about ways to earn college transfer credit.
Transferring from NICC
Northeast Iowa Community College maintains formal transfer agreements with many four-year colleges and universities that ensure your course/degree credits transfer.
"Transferring my credits from Northeast Iowa Community College to my four-year university was extremely easy. NICC taught me how to learn at the college level which set me up for success in both my undergraduate and graduate programs."
Elliott Zelinskas, M.Ed.
Educator, Associate of Arts
- Four-year Transfer College Search
- Transfer in Iowa: University of Iowa, Iowa State University and University of Northern Iowa
- Transfer in Iowa: Reverse Credit Transfer Agreement - If you plan to transfer prior to completing your two-year associate of arts (A.A.) degree view the reverse credit transfer agreement between Iowa public universities and community colleges. You can also reverse transfer credits from other four-year colleges to earn your associate degree. Check with your advisor for more information.
- NICC Transfer Checklist and Planning Guide.
- Accreditation: NICC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Individual programs are accredited by associations within their respective fields.