The Financial Aid Office is part of the Student Services Department at Northeast Iowa Community College. Personal assistance is available for students and their families to help explore and understand the many different funding options available in helping to pay for a college education. These funding options may include NICC scholarships, federal and state grants, student loans and work-study. We will also help guide you through the different stages of the financial aid process.
Federal Student Aid Flexibilities for Students, Parents, and Borrowers: The FSA has created StudentAid.gov/coronavirus to inform students, parents, and borrowers about important updates regarding federal student aid in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The page includes a student and borrower question and answer section and links to resources relating to COVID-19.
Request Personalized Financial Aid Help
Our financial aid experts are prepared to help you complete the FAFSA and answer any questions you may have regarding the financial aid process. Identify your preferred date and time for a confidential and personalized session. Plan to be available for one hour, but depending on your circumstances, it may not take that long.
Steps to Funding Your Education
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Available after October 1st for the next school year
- Review your Financial Aid Checklist - Once a FAFSA has been submitted to NICC
- Student's Checklist is available in Self Service - Financial Aid, accessible through MyCampus
- Complete any items that have Action Needed identified
- Review and take action on any Required Documents as soon as possible
- Review your Financial Aid offer (called an Award Letter) electronically
- Prepare a budget - Know and understand your costs in relation to your funding sources
- Research and apply for scholarships opportunities from outside organizations
- Complete the Northeast Iowa Community College Scholarship Application - April 1 priority deadline; After April 1, still apply for additional scholarship opportunities!
- Review your Tuition & Fees charges prior to tuition due date - Self Service-Student Finance shows what needs to be paid
- Maintain financial aid eligibility by attending class and meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policies