Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Northeast Iowa Community College is required to monitor each student's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). If the SAP standards are not met, students will be declared ineligible to receive federal, state, and institutional financial aid.
Students are expected to review their personal SAP status in Self Service Financial Aid, accessible through MyCampus. Search, Self Service for Students, and access Financial Aid.
Refer to the Understanding SAP reference guide for an easy to read overview of SAP. Official NICC Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards Policy.
Students on financial aid suspension are encouraged to file an appeal for the opportunity to regain eligibility.
- Log in to eForms.
- Search under the Forms section, select and complete the Financial Aid SAP Appeal Request for the appropriate school year.
- Be sure to explain the details of why and when you did not meet SAP, as well as what has now changed in order for you to be successful.
- Appeals are reviewed by a committee to determine an approval or denial to reinstate your financial aid.
- Notification is sent to your NICC email address.
- Filing an appeal does not guarantee reinstatement of financial aid. Meeting SAP on your own does renew eligibility.
Students who are at risk (Warning or Suspension SAP status) are encouraged to meet with their NICC Enrollment Advisor to determine how to maintain or regain eligibility as well as how to effectively use financial aid to keep moving towards academic and career goals.