The Manchester Center is a collaboration between the City of Manchester and Northeast Iowa Community College. The focus of the Manchester Center is to make quality education accessible to the greater Manchester area. This is accomplished by helping students achieve their educational goals and working with local businesses to retain and grow their workforce.
The Manchester facility offers a Health Lab, as well as a classroom for business and professional development trainings.
- Stop by/Schedule an appointment at the Manchester Center for assistance with applying to the college.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency, and/or college transcripts to the campus you plan to attend. You can also drop off at the Manchester Center.
- Schedule an appointment to take your placement testing at the Manchester Center (ACCUPLACER® reading and writing and ALEKS® math assessment).
Placement Test Scheduling
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement at the Manchester Center.
- Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
- Schedule your appointment by contacting the Manchester Center.
Financial Aid Assistance
- Schedule an appointment by contacting the Manchester Center for assistance completing your FAFSA.
- Complete your FAFSA online.
- Inquire about scholarship and/or grant opportunities for certificate programs.
Academic Advising and Course Registration
- Schedule an appointment by contacting the Manchester Center.
- Course advising for credit and non-credit programming.
- Course registration for credit and non-credit programming.
College Credit for High School Students
- High School students may be able to earn college credit at NICC while still in high school. Stop by/schedule an appointment the Manchester Center to learn more.
- Northeast Iowa Career Learning Link (CLL) is a program that exposes students to high-demand career areas and sets them on the pathway to career and educational success beyond high school. The program provides work-based learning opportunities for students in partnership with local businesses. Contact the Manchester Center to learn more.
- Learn more about earning college credit while in high school.
Upcoming Courses in Manchester
Life and Leisure
|September 2, 2020||Teen Technology|
|September 10, 2020||Chemistry for Kids: Pop Rockets|
|October 15, 2020||Eat Your Plants: Veganism for the Curious|
|October 19, 2020||Kids in the Kitchen: Halloween and Thanksgiving Fun Foods|
|December 7, 2020||Kids in the Kitchen: Holiday Appetizers|
|October 26, 2020 - November 16, 2020||High School Driver Education|