The Waukon Center provides area residents the opportunity to take convenient classes in their program of study, earn college credit in high school, complete the High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), earn career pathway certificates and take professional development coursework close to home and work.
The Waukon Center offers 3 classrooms plus a meeting room, health lab, computer lab and a zoom room.
Admission Assistance and Career Coaching
- Stop by/schedule an appointment at the Waukon Center for assistance with applying to the college and/or career coaching.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency, and/or college transcripts to the campus you plan to attend. You can also drop off at the Waukon Center.
- Schedule an appointment to take your placement testing at the Waukon Center (ACCUPLACER® Reading and Writing and ALEKS® math assessment)
Placement Test Scheduling
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement at the Waukon Center.
- Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
- Schedule your appointment by contacting the Waukon Center.
Financial Aid Assistance
- Schedule an appointment by contacting the Waukon Center for assistance completing your FAFSA.
- Complete your FAFSA online.
- Inquire about scholarship and/or grant opportunities for certificate programs.
Academic Advising and Course Registration
- Schedule an appointment by contacting the Waukon Center.
- Course advising and registration for credit and non-credit programming.
- Face to face, Zoom and online classes available.
- Search the full college catalog for credit courses.
College Credit for High School Students
- High School students may be able to earn college credit at NICC while still in high school. Stop by the Waukon Center to learn more.
- College and Career Connection is a program that exposes students to high-demand career areas and sets them on the pathway to career and educational success beyond high school. The program provides work-based learning opportunities for students in partnership with local businesses. Stop by the Waukon Center to learn more.
- Learn more about earning college credit while in high school.
High School Equivalency Diploma Classes
- Earn your high school equivalency diploma (HSED, formerly known as GED) at the Waukon Center.
- Stop by/schedule an appointment by contacting the Waukon Center.
- Learn more about the high school equivalency diploma.
Upcoming Courses at Waukon
|Starts upon registration||Learning Quickbooks One-on-One Instruction|
|June 11||Coaching Authorization - Calmar|
|July 9||Coaching Authorization - Calmar|
|October 8||Coaching Authorization - Calmar|
|November 12||Coaching Authorization - Calmar|
Health Care Courses
Personal Enrichment Courses
**Details Coming Soon**
**Details Coming Soon**