Located in downtown Dubuque at the base of the Town Clock, the Dubuque Center is a comfortable, accessible and friendly place to find the educational support you need to succeed. Whether you want to start college, finish a high school equivalency degree (HSED) or train for a career change, the Dubuque Center will help you explore the options and reach your goals. Classes and adult education/literacy services are offered year-round with day and evening options.
The Dubuque Center features twelve smart classrooms including a video conference classroom, a teaching computer lab and an industrial sewing training room. The facility also houses a learning center with 22 computers for student use and a certified testing center that provides academic and professional assessments.
- Re-engage Dubuque, a partnership with Dubuque Community Schools to help high school non-completers earn a high school diploma or HSED
- An on-site enrollment specialist to assist with admission, financial aid, advising and registration
- Success coaches on staff to assist with career planning, college readiness issues and wrap-around support to help students succeed
- Personal counseling services and support for students with disabilities, both by appointment
- Approximately 50 college class sections offered per semester
- High school equivalency diploma (HSED) classes and testing
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- Tutoring and refresher classes for math, writing and computer skills
- Dyslexia tutoring for children, teens and adults in partnership with Unified Therapy Services of Dubuque
- TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS), a federal program that supports first-generation, income qualifying, and/or disabled students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution with advising, tutoring, college visits and transfer assistance
Computer Lab and Learning Center Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Services close at 1:30 p.m. on Fridays during summer months.)