Student Life Ambassador Program
The Student Life Ambassador Program is a leadership program that offers Northeast Iowa Community College students an opportunity to represent and promote the College to current and prospective students, and their families.
Student Life Ambassadors will introduce visitors to campus life, College traditions and achievements by conducting campus tours, promoting student clubs. campus activities and serve as a leader and voice of the student body.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct tours for prospective students and families.
- Assist with visit days and new student orientation.
- Work evening and weekend hours as needed. (minimal)
- Promote a professional and positive image of the College.
- Attend the annual Leadership Conference/Programming Conference.
- Attend the statewide Legislative Conference in February.
- Serve on campus committees as a voice of the student body.
- Attend meetings as requested. A student ambassador program member will also represent the student body on the College Senate.
- Assist admissions representatives with prospective student recruitment.
- Oversee, recruit and retain iMPACT members.
- Prepare agendas for and lead iMPACT meetings.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Student Life and Director of Admissions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of nine credit hours during the fall and spring semesters throughout your term as an student ambassador, unless specifically approved.
- Must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file for the academic year of enrollment.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average per semester and remain in good academic standing.
- Abide by the Standards of Student Conduct as outlined in the Student Conduct Code.
- Students with Student Conduct Code infractions may be dismissed.
- Must be responsible and dependable at all times.
- Ability to work well with people of varying personalities.
- Willingness to represent the College in a professional manner at all times.
Compensation & Time Commitment
- Work approximately ten hours per week (at $10/hour) with a minimum of five regularly scheduled office hours.
- Start in mid-August, the week prior to the start of classes.
- End in mid-May at the conclusion of the spring semester.
- Prorated stipend available per semester pending involvement of each student ambassador. This is according to the most updated stipend scale on file with the student life office. This ranges from $100-$500 per semester.
- Must be able to work well within a team.
- Should contribute to the effectiveness of the Student Life Ambassador Program and Student Life teams.
- Actively participate in Student Life team meetings.
- Create a constructive and positive team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Communicate new, current and prospective students and families at orientations, visit days and other campus events.
- Work and communicate well with peer leaders and professional staff from across the College.
- Influence others.
- Educate incoming students on the opportunities available within the Student Life office to maximize their student experience.
Please send completed Application to the following:
Peosta Campus - Kara Popp, email@example.com, Office of Student Life, Peosta
Calmar Campus - Shannon Dirks, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office of Student Life, Calmar