Established in 2001, Northeast Iowa Community College's TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) is a federally funded program that provides ongoing support for 160 students on the Peosta campus (Room 234) and the Dubuque Center who meet the criteria outlined and plan to graduate from NICC and transfer to a four-year college or university.
TRIO-SSS promotes student success and development with academic proficiency, navigation of our institution, and socio-emotional engagement. We are committed to empowering our TRIO-SSS scholars to pursue knowledge, access their resources, and develop skills needed to grow and succeed.
Participants are eligible to utilize and enjoy the following program benefits at no cost:
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Assistance (to four-year college or university)
- Individual Tutoring
- FAFSA Completion
- Career Counseling
- Personal Success Seminars
- Informational Workshops
- TRIO-SSS Supplemental Aid (competitive application)
- Cultural Events
- Leadership Activities
How Can I Qualify?
Students planning to graduate from NICC and transfer to a four-year college or university and meet one or more of the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- First generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college)
- Students who meet federal income guidelines
- Students with disabilities