Satisfactory Academic Progress

Northeast Iowa Community College is required to monitor academic progress for students who are pursuing a degree and receiving financial aid. If the academic standards are not met, students receiving financial aid will be declared ineligible (financial aid suspension) to receive state or federal student aid.

If a student has received a financial aid suspension, they may file an appeal. Log in to eForms and complete the 16-17 Financial Aid Appeal Request located in the FA-Appeals section. Filing an appeal does not guarantee reinstatement of financial aid. Please view the satisfactory academic progress policy to learn more. To learn more, view the "How to Submit a Financial Aid Appeal" tutorial video

Students who do not meet academic standards are encouraged to meet with a financial aid enrollment specialist and their academic advisor to determine how to regain eligibility, how to keep student debt manageable, and how to keep moving towards academic and career goals.

  • Sherry Massman
    Calmar and Online Enrollment Specialist
    800.728.2256, ext. 304
  • Barb Heitzman
    Peosta Enrollment Specialist
    800.728.7367, ext. 315

Related Pages

Contact Us

Financial Aid Office, Calmar
Student Center 167
800.728.2256, ext. 230 or 236
Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Financial Aid Office, Peosta
Main Building 222
800.728.7367, ext. 219 or 220
Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.