Common Learning Outcomes
Common Learning Outcomes (CLOs) define the expectations of a Northeast Iowa Community College education and provide the benchmarks against which the College holds itself accountable.
- Locate, interpret, and use information effectively; and/or
- Use intellectually disciplined processes (conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing and evaluating) to solve problems.
- Convey information through verbal, written, technological or visual means.
Apply Knowledge and Skills to Life
- Utilize workforce readiness skills; (technical and soft-skills) and/or
- Apply the principles of mathematics, science, humanities and technology in personal, academic, and working-world situations; and/or
- Manage finances effectively.
Value Self and Others
- Work cooperatively as a member of a team; and/or
- Appreciate diversity and its benefits; and/or
- Make ethical decisions that respect the rights, values, and beliefs of others.