Employer Sponsored Training
Northeast Iowa Community College partners with many local businesses for on-the-job training opportunities for our students. Businesses can sponsor current or potential employees who have a desire to work hard and advance their skills in a training program at the College.
- Get Paid: You'll earn a wage while completing training at NICC.
- On-the-Job Training: Business partners direct the focus of on-site work allowing you to immediately use the skills learned in the classroom.
- Earn a Credential: You can earn an industry recognized certificate, diploma or degree.
- Affordable: Training is fully or partially paid by employers to provide full benefits while you complete your training.
- Skilled Workforce: By investing in training for current or potential employees, businesses can increase their efficiency and work output.
- Valuable Employees: The College's training pairs technical and industry skills with important soft skills to help participants become better employees.
"Working with Northeast Iowa Community College is helping us meet a clear and critical business need. It also will create meaningful career and education opportunities for motivated individuals who otherwise might not have access to them. Through education and on-the-job learning, apprentices develop skills that have tremendous value at Zurich and in the marketplace."