Our registered apprenticeship programs meet national quality standards and are approved by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Apprenticeships are flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of businesses across all industries. The length varies depending on the employer and complexity of the program and/or occupation.
A minimum of 144 hours of related training instruction (RTI) is required per year of a registered apprenticeship. Depending on the registered apprenticeship program, the on-the-job-learning will be competency-based or hourly, which is 2,000 hours per year.
- Get Paid: You’ll earn a competitive, progressive wage while training for your career.
- Employment: You must be employed/sponsored by a business to enroll in an apprenticeship program.
- On-the-Job Training: You’ll work closely with a mentor in a structured work-based learning environment.
- Classroom Instruction: All classroom instruction is related to the career and supports your work-based learning.
- Certification: Once completed you’ll receive a nationally-recognized industry credential.
- Education Partner: The College partners with regional high schools and industry to develop pre-apprenticeship programs.
- Partnership: Local businesses and NICC partner to enroll employees in the College’s registered apprenticeship programs.
- No Paperwork: The College maintains apprenticeship standards and will track and submit all department of labor documentation from start to finish.
- Training Provider: The College provides related instruction for businesses that reflect the standards of their own DOL-registered apprenticeship.
- Employee Apprenticeships: You are able to partner with the College to enroll your employees in our registered apprenticeship programs.
- Agriculture Business, A.A.S.
Apprenticeship Program offered through Zurich North America, a leading provider of property, casualty, life and crop insurance products and services to businesses and individuals.
- Two-years in Length
- Earn a full-time salary and benefits.
- Tuition and fees for the Agriculture Business AAS degree covered by Zurich.
- Successful completion results in a guaranteed job placement.
- Register for a Zurich Apprenticeship Program information session.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Set-Up Programmer Milling & Turning
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Mold Maker
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Tool & Die Maker
- Heating & Air Conditioner (HVAC) Install / Service
- Heavy Truck Driver
- Maintenance Electrician
- Maintenance Mechanic