Northeast Iowa Community College partners with local businesses to create internship opportunities for students. These internships provide valuable hands-on work experience while you complete your diploma or degree. The length of internships can vary depending on the business partner. Whether it is a paid or unpaid internship, the skills and experience gained will help you stand out in the employment search after graduation.
- Career Exploration: Immerse yourself in a career field to really see if it is the right fit for you.
- Skill Application: You can immediately apply what you learned in the classroom while gaining valuable work experience.
- Meet with Professionals: Network with professionals and employers to enhance your employment options after graduation.
- New Talent: Businesses may increase their candidate pool and discover future leaders for their company.
- Mentorship: Give current employees an opportunity to mentor future leaders in the field to promote a healthy culture and build morale.
- Employee Support: Internships can provide valuable support to current employees allowing them to focus on more creative or advanced projects.