Are Online Courses Right For You?
Online learning is not for everyone. Unfortunately, some students think online courses are easy. Although you may not attend courses in person, students are still required to:
- Read materials.
- Engage in course discussions with coursemates/instructors.
- Complete tests or assignments.
- Participate in group projects.
Before registering for an online or hybrid course you should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you comfortable using computers?
- Do you have good time management skills?
- Can you clearly articulate your ideas in writing?
- Is it important to you to have face-to-face interaction with your instructors or other students?
- Can you stay motivated without the routine of physically going to course?
- Are you self-motivated?
Consider Computer and Access Issues
- Do you have access to a computer 24/7 with a reliable Internet connection?
- Are you able to use email?
- Do you know how to work with attachments?
- Can you perform basic searches/research online?
- Do you have a designated space where you can study and take tests without interruptions?
- Are you able to submit assignments online and participate in online discussion forums?