Scholarships can be a very helpful way to help fund part of your educational goals. Northeast Iowa Community College awards over $100,000 annually to new and continuing students. The average scholarship is between $500-$700 for each student awarded. The great part is students simply complete the application and then we take it from there.
To be eligible, be sure to complete the scholarship application each fall and spring semester for the upcoming semester.
- For students that have applied and are accepted to NICC, simply complete an electronic application called an eForm. Log in to eForms and find the "FA - Scholarships" form in the document library.
- If you are in the beginning stages of your college search and have not applied to the college yet you can also complete a scholarship application.
The deadline to apply for the fall 2016 semester scholarships is Friday, April 1, 2016. View tips for successful scholarship application..
All applicants will be mailed a letter within 60 days of the deadline notifying them whether or not they have been chosen to receive a scholarship. If awarded, the funding is applied directly to your student account. Students need to be enrolled and registered for that semester with NICC in order to receive the funding.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are offered by other organizations and are being listed for informational purposes only. Students who wish to apply for these scholarships outside of NICC need to follow each individual scholarship application requirement and process. Northeast Iowa Community College will not accept or forward applications for outside scholarships listed.
Scholarship searches are also available through these selected websites:
- FastWeb (Financial Aid Search Through the Web), the largest and most complete scholarship search on the Internet. FastWeb provides access to a searchable database of more than 275,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants and student loans.
- Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) has a database of scholarships specifically for Iowa students compiled by the experts at ICAN.
- The Sallie Mae Fund is another resource for searching for additional scholarship opportunities.