Scholarships can be a helpful way to fund your educational goals. Northeast Iowa Community College awards more than $100,000 annually to new and continuing students, and the average scholarship is between $500-$700 for each student awarded. Students simply need to complete and submit the application.
To be eligible, be sure to complete the scholarship application each fall and spring semester for the upcoming semester. View tips for successful scholarship application.
- The scholarship deadline for the fall of 2016 has passed. Another opportunity for NICC scholarships will be for the spring of 2017 with a deadline of November 1, 2016. The application will be available starting August 22, 2016.
- If you completed a fall 2016 scholarship application, applicants will be mailed a letter within 60 days of the deadline notifying them whether or not they have been chosen to receive a scholarship. If awarded, the funding is applied directly to your student account. Students need to be enrolled and registered for that semester with NICC in order to receive the funding.
Dollars for Scholars Matching Funds
NICC will provide a one-time match, dollar for dollar, up to $150 of your local Dollars for Scholars Award. In order to receive the match, students must meet two requirements prior to the matching fund being awarded:
- Completion of scholarship and award application
- Successful completion of first semester at NICC (once the fall semester is completed satisfactorily the match would be applied to your student account for the spring semester)
The annual funding for this program is limited and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are offered by other organizations and are being listed for informational purposes only. Students who wish to apply for these scholarships outside of NICC need to follow each individual scholarship application requirement and process. Northeast Iowa Community College will not accept or forward applications for outside scholarships listed.
Scholarship searches are also available through these selected websites:
- FastWeb (Financial Aid Search Through the Web), the largest and most complete scholarship search on the Internet. FastWeb provides access to a searchable database of more than 275,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants and student loans.
- Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) has a database of scholarships specifically for Iowa students compiled by the experts at ICAN.
- The Sallie Mae Fund is another resource for searching for additional scholarship opportunities.