Scholarships can be a helpful way to fund your educational goals. Northeast Iowa Community College awards more than $100,000 annually to new and continuing students, and the average scholarship is between $500-$700 for each student awarded.
Current NICC students should submit their scholarship application through eForms for the 2017-2018 academic year. The priority deadline to apply is Saturday, April 1, 2017.
If you are not yet an NICC student, but intend to apply and enroll, please complete this scholarship application electronically.
* If awarded a scholarship, the funding is applied directly to your student account. Students need to be enrolled and registered for that semester with NICC in order to receive the funding.
Dollars for Scholars Matching Funds
NICC will provide a one-time match, dollar for dollar, up to $150 of your local Dollars for Scholars Award. In order to receive the match, students must meet requirements prior to the matching fund being awarded:
- Successful completion of first semester at NICC (once the fall semester is completed satisfactorily the match would be applied to your student account for the spring semester)
- The annual funding for this program is limited and is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are offered by other organizations and are being listed for informational purposes only. Students who wish to apply for these scholarships outside of NICC need to follow each individual scholarship application requirement and process. Northeast Iowa Community College will not accept or forward applications for outside scholarships listed.
Scholarship searches are also available through these selected websites:
- FastWeb (Financial Aid Search Through the Web), the largest and most complete scholarship search on the Internet. FastWeb provides access to a searchable database of more than 275,000 private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants and student loans.
- Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) has a database of scholarships specifically for Iowa students compiled by the experts at ICAN.
- The Sallie Mae Fund is another resource for searching for additional scholarship opportunities.