The Culinary Foundations Career Pathway Certificate is an 80-hour hands-on program designed to prepare students with little or no culinary experience for a rewarding career in the culinary field. Successful students will be ready for entry-level positions as cooks or servers in a variety of hospitality settings. The training provides an overview of the culinary industry, including terminology, techniques and standards, from front-of-house to back-of-house. A core skill track that covers effective communication, professionalism, teamwork and conflict resolution is combined with instruction in food safety and proper operation of cooking equipment for a safe work environment.
Students will learn and practice knife skills, become familiar with measurements for small and large food production, acquire knowledge about general cooking and serving methods and learn how to provide superior customer service. Upon completion of the certificate program and an additional online Food Protection Manager class, students will be prepared to take the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certification test.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
Tuition assistance is offered for this program supported by the Opportunity Dubuque partnership.
Business and Community Solutions Program Developer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888.642.2338, ext. 139
- Location: Town Clock