Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Learn basic nursing, personal care and communication skills, and gain an understanding of patient rights with an emphasis in mental, physical and social health of geriatric and special populations. Online and classroom learning is supplemented with hands-on lab and off-site clinical experiences. Credits from this program could apply to the Northeast Iowa Community College Nursing program.
Paying for the Program
Program Supplies: $73
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary for Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Nurse Aide
It is easy to apply to the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Career Pathway Certificate program! Simply follow the steps below to complete the application and assessment process:
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years.
- Register by phone or submit your registration online.
- Attend the mandatory orientation as noted in the class schedule. At the mandatory orientation further requirements for successful completion of the CNA class will be discussed, including the two-step tuberculosis screening process, background checks, attendance requirements and grades.
- View the CNA Clinical Requirements (PDF).
|Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)||80 hours|
|Total Hours||80 hours|
With successful Nurse Aide State testing, graduates of this Career Pathway Certificate program may enter the workforce or transfer course credit into the Practical Nursing program or Associate of Science program. For a listing of courses and how they transfer, visit the transfer webpage and select "Credit for NICC non-credit coursework."
Tuition assistance is offered for this program supported by the Opportunity Dubuque partnership.
Jomarie Scholtes, R.N.
CNA & Health Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 6905
- Location: Waukon
CNA Coordinator Assistant/Health Program Developer
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1425
- Location: Calmar