Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Career Pathway Certificate is the first step toward a career helping others in healthcare settings. It prepares students for employment as a nurse aide and fulfills the prerequisite for admission into the Northeast Iowa Community College nursing program. The fast-paced combination of classroom, hands-on lab and off-site clinical experience addresses basic nursing and personal care skills, patient rights and communication. Special attention to mental, physical and social health of geriatric and special populations is included.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Health Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
It is easy to apply to the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Career Pathway Certificate program! Simply follow the steps below to complete the application and assessment process:
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years.
- Register by phone or submit your registration online.
- Attend the mandatory orientation as noted in the class schedule. At the mandatory orientation further requirements for successful completion of the CNA class will be discussed, including the two-step tuberculosis screening process, background checks, attendance requirements and grades.
Iowa mandates a background check to include criminal, adult/child abuse and sex offender status. A current negative "two-step" tuberculosis (TB) test is also required.
|Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)||80 hours|
|Total Hours||80 hours|
With successful Nurse Aide State testing, graduates of this Career Pathway Certificate program may enter the workforce or transfer course credit into the Practical Nursing program or Associate of Science program. For a listing of courses and how they transfer, visit the transfer webpage and select "Credit for NICC non-credit coursework."
Tuition assistance is offered for this program supported by the Opportunity Dubuque partnership.
Health Trainer Program Manager
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.728.2256, ext. 222
- Location: Calmar
Program Manager - CNA/Allied Health
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800.728.2256, ext. 588
- Location: Calmar