Welding offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities both indoors and outdoors in a variety of industries ranging from repair jobs to fabrication/construction activities. If you look around, almost everything made of metal is welded. The world’s tallest buildings, airplanes, ships, race cars, home appliances and automobiles are just a few examples. There are many ways to make a weld, and there is a wide variety of metals and alloys that can be welded. Welding has become complex and technical and requires a great deal of knowledge to be able to select the proper process for critical work. Excellent hand-eye coordination are attributes of highly-skilled and well-paid welders. This program will prepare students to take an AWS Qualification Exam.
Estimated annual salary range for Advanced Manufacturing graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Robot Operator
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Gainful Employment Information
Experience, Skills and Personality Traits
Welders must be in good physical shape in order to bend, stoop and move into awkward positions. They also need excellent manual dexterity and proficient hand-eye coordination. Welders must have patience and the ability to concentrate for extended periods. Welding is an art, where it helps to picture what you have to do on a project before doing it.
Christopher Carlson, Ed.D.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2168
- Location: Peosta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2271
- Location: Peosta