As alumni, the friendships, experiences and memories formed at Area 1, Northeast Iowa Technical Institute and Northeast Iowa Community College will be with you forever. That’s why we make staying connected so easy.
The College provides several benefits and opportunities for alumni including:
- Career and Employment Assistance
- Business & Community Solutions course offerings
- Networking opportunities and events
- And much more!
Update your alumni information (be sure to include any personal or professional milestones as well), so you don’t miss out on these great alumni benefits! Don’t be a stranger; be a proud alum!
- Our alumni live in all 50 states; 22,610 alumni live in Iowa.
- 35,814 credit certificates, diplomas and degrees have been awarded to 28,967 students since 1966.
- 96 percent of our graduates continued their education or were employed one year after graduation.
- 201 Northeast Iowa Community College employees, 33 percent, are also NICC alumni.
- Top 5 employers of NICC alumni*:
- John Deere
- Cottingham & Butler
- Gundersen Health System
You are an important part of our college community and can make a difference in the lives of students while enriching your own life! Assist students by becoming a mentor or tutor, speak or present to a class, participate in student orientation, serve on a program advisory board or even host a reunion event.
The College’s Business and Community Solutions division offers non-credit coursework for personal and professional development. Keep up to date on your professional licensure, recertification, employment skills upgrade, or learn new skills through personal interest course offerings.