Student Refund Process: NICC Blue Card
Northeast Iowa Community College partners with Higher One® to provide refunds to students—the NICC Blue Card.
Who is Higher One?
Higher One is a financial services company which provides refund management and student-focused money management services to higher education institutions.
What type of refunds?
Student financial aid refunds are processed through Higher One along with refunds for schedule adjustments if paid by check or cash. Please note: refunds for student payments made by credit card will still be processed through the credit card that was used.
What does this mean for students?
NICC students are able to choose from three refund delivery methods:
- Direct deposit to your current bank account
- Direct deposit to a Higher One checking account – a full service FDIC insured checking account set up through Higher One. If you choose to open a Higher One checking account, your NICC Blue Card can be used as a debit card.
- Paper check
What do students need to do?
- Make sure NICC has your current mailing address! If your address changed recently, please contact the Calmar Student Services office at 800.728.2256, ext. 376 or Peosta Student Services office at 800.728.7367, ext. 294 to update. Your current address is extremely important!
- Be sure to update your address with the US Postal service as well to avoid delays.
- Check your mailbox for the bright green envelope from Higher One with the NICC Blue Card inside! Then follow these three simple steps:
- Visit: NICCBlueCard.com
- Set up: Enter your 16-digit card number or the 12-digit personal code included with your card to get started.
- Choose: Select the refund option that best fits you.
Don’t delay; make your refund selection as soon as you receive your NICC Blue Card. If you have questions, please contact the Calmar Business Services Office at 800.728.2256, ext. 204, or the Peosta Business SErvices Office at 800.728.7367, ext. 465.
- Academic Support Services
- Campus Life
- Student Life, Diversity and Leadership
- Student Services
Calmar Business Services
Darwin L. Schrage Building
800-728-2256, ext. 204
Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Peosta Business Services
Located in Bookstore
800-728-7367, ext. 465
Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.