Student Refund Process
Northeast Iowa Community College partners with BankMobile Disbursements to provide refunds to students.
Who is BankMobile Disbursements?
BankMobile Disbursements is a division of Customers Bank. They provide services which process and disburse credit balances on behalf of colleges and universities.
What type of refunds?
Student financial aid refunds are processed through BankMobile Disbursements along with refunds for schedule adjustments if paid by check or cash. Please note: refunds for student payments made by credit card will still be processed through the credit card that was used.
What does this mean for students?
NICC students are able to choose from three refund delivery methods:
- Direct deposit to your current bank account
- Direct deposit to a BankMobile Vibe account – an FDIC insured checking account set up through BankMobile Disbursements. If you choose to open the optional BankMobile Vibe account, you will receive a debit card (NICC Blue Card) in the mail within five to seven days.
- Paper check
What do students need to do?
- Make sure NICC has your current mailing address! If your address changed recently, please contact the Calmar Student Services office at 800.728.2256, ext. 376 or Peosta Student Services office at 800.728.7367, ext. 294 to update. Your current address is extremely important!
- Be sure to update your address with the US Postal service as well to avoid delays.
- Check your mailbox for the bright green envelope from BankMobile. This mailing will include a personal code which will be used to set up your refund delivery method.
- Visit: RefundSelection.com and select "Let's Get Started."
- Set up: Enter your personal code.
- Choose: Select the refund option that best fits you.
Don’t delay; make your refund selection as soon as you receive your personal code in the bright green envelope. If you have questions, please contact the Calmar Business Services Office at 800.728.2256, ext. 204, or the Peosta Business Services Office at 800.728.7367, ext. 465.