Agriculture and Animal Sciences
The Agriculture and Animal Sciences programs provide unique learning opportunities for students to train at Iowa’s Dairy Center. Students pursuing the agriculture and animal sciences enjoy working in the natural environment, learning new technologies and caring for large and small animals.
Areas of specialization within this field include, but are not limited to: dairy and beef science, veterinary care and agriculture business and production, including the latest technology in precision farming and robotics.
Advantages of Agriculture and Animal Sciences
Graduates of these programs have a wealth of opportunities waiting for them. Some may continue their education at a four-year college or university, but others may enter the workforce right after graduation and learn new skills while on the job. Graduates may do one, some or all of the following:
- Harvest and inspect crops
- Operate and service agricultural machinery
- Feed, breed and take care of livestock
- Examine and treat various farm animals and/or pets with vaccines
- Develop best business practices or provide retail services for various ag-related businesses
- Own and manage a farm operation