Agronomy and Crop Science
The Agronomy and Crop Science program provides a blend of agronomy courses and practical application, ensuring a well-rounded agricultural education. During their course of study students will obtain knowledge of current and cutting-edge practices in crop production and technology. Upon graduation, students are prepared for a successful career in crop production, whether they choose to pursue a position in an agriculture business or a production operation.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, ACT Compass® or ALEKS® test scores. ACCUPLACER® scores are valid for three years, and ALEKS® scores are valid for 18 months.
|AGA:114||Principles of Agronomy||3.0|
|AGB:330||Farm Business Management||3.0|
|ENV:116||Environmental Science Lab||1.0|
|GIS:111||Introduction to Geographical Information Systems||3.0|
|SDV:179||The College Experience||3.0|
|AGA:212||Grain and Forage Crops||4.0|
|AGA:283||Pesticide Applicator Certification||2.0|
|AGA:802||Agronomy Internship I||2.0|
|AGB:235||Introduction to Agriculture Markets||3.0|
|AGP:333||Precision Farming Systems||3.0|
|Workplace Communications OR
|AGA:812||Agronomy Internship II||2.0|
|AGA:159||Livestock Nutrient Management||2.0|
|AGA:375||Integrated Crop Management||2.0|
|AGP:435||Advanced Precision Farming Software||3.0|
|PSY:112||Psychology of Human Relations||3.0|
|AGA:154||Fundamentals of Soil Science||3.0|
|AGA:165||Agriculture Fertilizers and Chemicals||3.0|
|Grain Management OR
Agriculture Risk Management
|AGA:853||Certified Crop Advisor||1.0|
Related Student Organizations
- Post Secondary Agriculture Students
- Dairy Science Club
- Beef Science Club
- AgriScience Club
Christopher Carlson, Ed.D.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2168
- Location: Peosta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 8111
- Location: Calmar