Associate of Science
You will graduate from this program having completed the first two years of your four-year degree. The Associate of Science degree provides you with a general liberal arts education with areas of study that include: communication, humanities, math, science, and social science, as well as other topics. You have the opportunity to take elective courses that align with your interests, educational track and career goals in the areas of science, math, engineering and other STEM-related fields. Agreements are in place with many four-year colleges to ensure your credits transfer.
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $14,940*
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
See how much you can save by starting your education at Northeast Iowa Community College with the tuition savings calculator.
Northeast Iowa Community College currently maintains formal transfer agreements with the institutions listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Central Methodist University
- Clarke University
- Clarkson College
- Drake University
- Graceland University
- Iowa State University
- University of Dubuque
- University of Iowa
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Upper Iowa University
- Western Governors University
- Western Illinois University
Jeffrey J. Murphy, M.A.
Executive Dean of Communication, Humanities, Math and Social Science
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1235
- Location: Calmar