Beef Science Technology
You will graduate with hands-on experience in the beef industry through experiential learning with our on-site herd at the state-of-the-art Beef Science Education Center. You will experience close-up interaction with cattle in a safe and efficient handling system, breed animals through artificial insemination (AI) and have the opportunity to work with embryo transfer while making breeding decisions on a registered herd. As part of your learning in this exciting program, you will develop a herd health program for beef operations, explain growth and development of beef animals and learn to use a facility to optimize production.
Trips to successful cattle operations and beef industry businesses in Iowa and around the country add real-world exposure to your experience. You also have internship opportunities that provide a wealth of knowledge from successful beef professionals. Participating in the annual Ag Career Fair can connect you with local employers for opportunities after graduation. If you love hands-on learning with animal herds and applying what you learn in a classroom environment directly to real working experience, this program is the perfect fit for you.
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $15,844*
Program Supplies: $325
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
Estimated annual salary for Beef Science Technology graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Beef Procuring Specialists
- Feed and Nutrition Consultants
- Cattle Ranchers
- Feedlot Managers
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Related Student Organizations
- Postsecondary Agriculture Students
- Dairy Science Club
- Beef Science Club
- AgriScience Club
- Dairy Center
- Cow-Calf Facilities
The Beef Science Technology degree currently has transfer agreements in place with the institution(s) listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Iowa State University
- 2 + 2 Beef Science Technology (AAS) to Animal Science (BS) Transfer Plan
- Recommended NICC Courses (2 + 2 Beef Science Technology (AAS) to Animal Science (BS))
- 2 + 2 Beef Science Technology (AAS) to Agricultural Studies (BS) Transfer Plan
Dean of Agriculture, Animal Science and Transportation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 8128
- Location: Dairy Center