Beef Science Technology
The Beef Science Technology program provides hands-on experience that enables students to be successful in today's beef industry. The state-of-the-art Beef Science Education Center offers students the opportunity to interact with cattle in a safe and efficient cattle handling system. The program offers a diversified education on many topics such as genetics, reproduction, nutrition, feeding, health and financial management. Along with the many experiences on campus, students have the opportunity to participate in field trips to many successful cattle operations and beef industry businesses both in Iowa and around the country. Students also have the opportunity to take part in quality internships that provide a wealth of knowledge and exposure to successful beef industry professionals.
Estimated annual salary range for Agriculture and Animal Sciences graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Beef Procuring Specialists
- Feed and Nutrition Consultants
- Cattle Ranchers
- Feedlot Managers
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
Related Student Organizations
- Postsecondary Agriculture Students
- Dairy Science Club
- Beef Science Club
- AgriScience Club
- Dairy Center
- Cow-Calf Facilities
Christopher Carlson, Ed.D.
Dean of Career and Technical Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2168
- Location: Peosta