Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator Career Pathway Certificate program stresses principles of interpreting manufacturing part blueprints and the use of basic measuring tools. The program will teach proper use of CNC mills and lathes, safely setting tool and fixture offsets and use of verified programs to complete part projects on machinery. You will also be introduced to G and M code programming for 2-axis CNC lathes and 3-axis CNC mills.
Paying for the Program
You may qualify to earn a Career Pathway Certificate at no cost if you meet all eligibility requirements.
Estimated annual salary range for Advanced Manufacturing graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.View Career Details
- Attend an information session. Find upcoming events and register on the CPC Information Session page.
- Register and pay tuition now for the next class offering or Apply for Tuition Assistance
- For Tuition Assistance contact NICC Business and Community Solutions to complete the following:
- Tuition Assistance Program Application
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Assessment
- Interview with NICC staff
|Introduction to Precision Measurement and Inspection Fundamentals|
|Manufacturing Print Reading Module II|
|Basic CNC Mill Operation|
|Basic CNC Lathe Operation|
|Intro to CNC Mill Programming|
|Intro to CNC Lathe Programming|
|Total Hours - 148 hours|
In partnership with Greater Dubuque Development Corporation and Opportunity Dubuque, the College will provide child care assistance at no cost to those who qualify while students are in class for this program. Also, full-time employed graduates from this program may qualify for additional child care support for up to 12 months at a licensed or registered child care provider. Child care services are available in the Dubuque and Peosta areas only.
Graduates of this Career Pathway Certificate program may enter the workforce or transfer course credit into the Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machinist Technician diploma program. For a listing of courses and how they transfer, visit the transfer webpage and select "Credit for NICC non-credit coursework."
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2285
- Location: Peosta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 3105
- Location: Dubuque