This program is designed to prepare you for employment opportunities in the accounting field. Upon completion of the program, graduates should be prepared to enter business in the areas of cost accounting, general accounting and many other specialized areas of financial reporting. Students will study professional and ethical behavioral case studies for business and will attain the oral and written communication skills necessary for success. Technical courses in accounting, income tax, and payroll, with commercial software, will allow graduates to seek advanced placement in accounting departments. Requirements include accounting principles and practice in addition to general and occupational information.
Estimated annual salary range for Business, Marketing and Hospitality graduates based on EMSI. Salary range represents 10th percentile - median annual wage for related occupations within a 100-mile radius from the center distance between Calmar and Peosta Campuses.
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable Expense Support
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
BPA (Business Professionals of America)
Business Professionals of America is a student organization that prepares students for the business workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
Calmar NICC BPA Advisors:
Peosta/Dubuque NICC BPA Advisors:
The Accounting Specialist degree currently has transfer agreements in place with the institution(s) listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1166
- Location: Calmar
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2155
- Location: Peosta