By the time you graduate from this program, businesses will want to hire you immediately. You’ll learn the nature of being professional and ethical in accounting practices and understand the fundamentals of accounting processes and procedures. You will learn through work-based simulations with accounting software. You will develop strong written communication and critical thinking skills in the accounting practice.
You will also have the opportunity to join the Business Professionals of America (BPA) organization. NICC students in that organization have competed regionally and nationally with exceptional results. The College offers both face-to-face and online options to complete the degree.
Paying for the Program
Out-of-State Tuition & Fees: $15,145*
There are many options available for tuition savings. Contact the Admissions or Financial Aid office for more information.Financial Aid Info
Estimated annual salary for Accounting Specialist graduates represents median annual wage from EMSI's Analyst, Career Coach and Institutional Research data.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk
- Individual Income Tax Preparer
- Apply for admission.
- Submit official high school, high school equivalency and/or college transcripts to the Admissions Office of the campus you plan to attend.
- Complete ACCUPLACER® reading and writing assessment and ALEKS® math assessment for course placement. Assessments may be waived based on previous college coursework or submission of valid ACT®, or SAT® test scores. Reading and writing scores are valid for three years, and math scores are valid for two years.
BPA (Business Professionals of America)
Business Professionals of America is a student organization that prepares students for the business workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills.
Calmar NICC BPA Advisors:
Peosta/Dubuque NICC BPA Advisors:
The Accounting Specialist degree currently has transfer agreements in place with the institution(s) listed below. Students are encouraged to speak with their transfer college or university to verify that their planned courses at NICC will meet necessary requirements. Learn more about transferring from NICC.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 1156
- Location: Calmar
Dean of Business, Graphic Design, Paralegal, and Science
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 844.642.2338, ext. 2322
- Location: Peosta